via punkyporca on Flickr
2 packages Pillsbury® Ready to Bake!™ refrigerated sugar cookies
1 box devil’s food cake mix with pudding in the mix
1 cup water
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 bottle (1 oz) red food color
2 containers (12 oz each) cream cheese whipped ready-to-spread frosting
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 48 mini muffin cups with cooking spray. Place 1 cookie dough round in each muffin cup.
2. Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until light golden brown.
3. Using end of wooden spoon, carefully press into center of each cookie to make 1-inch-wide indentation. Cool completely.
4. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat cake mix, water, oil, eggs and red food color with electric mixer on low speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally (do not overbeat).
5. Fill each cooled cookie cup 3/4 full with cake batter.
6. Bake 15 to 20 minutes longer or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from muffin cups onto cooling racks. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
7. Frost tops of cookie cups with frosting.
**To decorate the tops of the cookie cups with cake crumbs, fill two or three empty muffin cups with cake batter. After baking, cool and then break apart with fingers until crumbs form.