via I Made Dinner
Fudge Brownie Chocolate Chip Cupcakes
Makes 12 cupcakes
1 stick butter
2 oz. bittersweet chocolate, chopped
1/2 c. all purpose flour, sifted
3/4 c. plus 2 Tbsp. sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/4 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 c. mini chocolate chips
Pre-heat the oven to 325* Melt the butter and chocolate together in a double boiler, stirring until smooth. Allow to come to room temperature. Sift the flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder together in the bowl of a mixer. With the mixer on low speed, add the eggs in one at a time until well-incorporated. Add the chocolate butter mixture and stir well. Stir in the chocolate chips, then scoop into lined cupcake tins. Bake until a toothpick comes out clean of batter (it might have some melted chocolate on it from the chips) about 20-23 minutes. Allow to cool, then decorate.
via Smoores Delights
The process in the cooks own words…
I made a chocolate fudge cake and then made them into cupcakes. I didn’t use a cupcake liner, just sprayed the pan with Pam and let the cakes cook.
Get an 8oz. canning jar. Place one cupcake in the bottom.
I made oreo fluff with oreo pudding mix and whipped cream. I piped in enough fluff to cover the cupcake. I got another cupcake, sliced the top off and placed the cake on top of the fluff.
There was just enough room to top with my favorite mocha butter cream frosting.
Place the lid on and screw it shut. I have them in the freezer to use at a later date.
via I Made Dinner
Red Velvet Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
adapted from www.saveur.com; originally from Cake Man Raven
For the cake:
* 2 1/2 c. cake flour
* 1 1/2 c. sugar
*1 tsp. baking soda
*1 TBSP cocoa powder
*1 tsp. salt
*1 1/2 c. vegetable oil
*1 c. buttermilk
*2 TBSP (1 oz.) red food coloring
*1 tsp. vanilla extract
*1 tsp. white distilled vinegar
For the frosting:
*12 oz. cream cheese, softened
*12 oz. butter, softened
*1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
*3 c. confectioners’ sugar
*1 1/2 c. chopped pecans (optional)
1. For the cake: Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Sift together flour, sugar, baking soda, cocoa, and salt into a medium bowl.
3. Beat eggs, oil, buttermilk, food coloring, vanilla, and vinegar in a large bowl with an electric mixer until well combined. Add dry ingredients and beat until smooth, about 2 minutes.
4. Divide batter evenly between 3 greased and floured 8? round cake pans. (Obviously, I made cupcakes, so this got divided between 18 cupcake tins)
5. Bake cakes, rotating halfway through, until a toothpick inserted in the center of each cake comes out clean, 25–30 minutes. Let cakes cool 5 minutes, then invert each onto a plate, then invert again onto a cooling rack. Let cakes cool completely. (cupcakes took about 15 minutes)
6. For the frosting: Beat cream cheese, butter, and vanilla together in a large bowl with an electric mixer until combined. Add sugar and beat until frosting is light and fluffy, 5–7 minutes.
5. Chill for 2 hours to set frosting.
6. Frost as desired